Setting the table for Christmas - a wonderful tradition and a chance to show off your most-loved Christmas table sets and traditions. Or for some, a welcome opportunity to be yourself and show off your personality with an eclectic mix. However you choose to celebrate the season, let Wedgwood inspire your Christmas dinner table with our guide to Christmas table setting.
Christmas Table Setting Ideas for the Festive Season
Pick your Christmas dinner table style
For a traditional Christmas table setting
- Keep it classic with an understated Christmas pattern – Winter White features beautiful festive illustrations in a colour palette of silver grey and white. The collection also includes serving platters, perfect for a flavoursome festive feast.
- Embrace traditional Christmas colours with Renaissance Red – featuring a rich colour scheme of red and gold, it’s a perfect fit. The Florentine accent dinner plates make it easy to create a polished and elegant Christmas table setting.
For a modern mix & match Christmas table setting
- Choose a dinner set such as Gio to act as the foundation. With an understated geometric pattern, it is the ideal base for mixing and matching.
- Add bold side plates that layer effortlessly atop a base of white – Renaissance Gold and Hibiscus both feature beautiful blue and gold patterns.
- If you prefer to venture outside of blues and golds when mixing and matching, explore Wonderlust for bold and playful patterns – with over six patterns you could pick a plate design per place setting.
Think about your Christmas table centrepiece
- Add a magical dash of Wedgwood blue and white with a Magnolia Blossom vase.
- If you love our iconic Jasperware but prefer to embrace an organic colour palette, explore Jasper Folia vases - available in a range of shapes and neutral colour shades.
- For a little something extra, and to add that cosy Christmas feeling, shop candles and votives to add mood lighting.
Serve up in style with serving platters and trays
- Add beautiful serving bowls filled with delicious Christmas delights – place your roast potatoes and root vegetables on to the Christmas table, ready to serve and share.
- The festive season is all about adding that extra touch of luxury. Place your finest gravy in one of our stunning sauce boats.
- Be sure to not forget about Christmas dessert! An elegant cake stand will make that sweet moment even sweeter.
Choose the perfect glassware to match your Christmas dinner
A little extra Christmas table setting inspiration
- Add little touches to your table that are reminiscent of the Christmas holiday season, from sprigs of pine to decorative winter berries.
- Embrace the colours of the season when choosing the table cloth and napkins – if your dinner set is a classic white, use a red or green table cloth as the backdrop.
- And for an added touch of opulence, add taper candles in beautiful gold holders.